Thursday, October 23, 2014

A melon inside me!

January 20, 2014
9:58 pm

I've long been resisting to write a journal for my personal reason that, whenever I do, that's when I stop talking to people.  And that's not healthy.  Or looking back at my old journals, all I saw was heavy overbearing entries that only deepened whatever grudge or angst I had.  But now I realize, Hey! It doesn't have to be that way!  Thanks to Marcel Luna's comment on Facebook, which finally led me here, now, writing!

Everything happened so fast.  A week before December 3, 2013, I got sick with colds, coughs and tummy pain which led us to believe it was plain UTI.  After a week of staying home and drinking antibiotics, I was getting tired of the pain because it wouldn't go away.  So I asked Mark to bring me to the Makati Med.  At the e.r. I was given IV and pain meds then was asked to get a CT scan to find out what was wrong with me.  The CT scan showed a 14cm mass in my ovary!  It was H-U-G-E!  The attending doctor wanted to transfer us to an OB gene but at 3:00am, couldn't find any so we just decided to go home.  We figured we'd rather go to Tita Hirene's highly recommended doctor at Manila Sanitarium the following day.  

After seeing the result, I just wanted to get this thing out of me to relieve the pain.  So I was actually looking forward to go under the knife just to get this thing out of me.

On December 3, me, Mark and mama went to Dra. Lilieth Ancheta's clinic just across Manila Sanitarium and showed her the CT scan.  She ordered for us to get an ultrasound which is more detailed than the CT scan.  She explained that this may just be a dermoid cyst which is congenital and consists of hair, tooth, nails, and sebum.  Bottomline, it's harmless and easy to remove.  So, we already set to get admitted and have the operation done at 4:00pm. 

My operation started at 4:30pm and ended at 11:30pm.  When I woke up, I was in the recovery room and was informed that I needed to lift my legs before I can be brought to my room.  I finally got to my room at 3:00am and found Mark there, sleeping on the sofa.  I don’t remember much of how I felt at that time but I just felt tired and wanted to sleep.  When I woke up, that’s when I realized bit by bit what my body’s been through and IS going through.  IV with blood transfusion on my arm, a catheter, big bandage on my tummy, and this thin wire attached on my back…sooooo uncomfortable.  I didn’t want to move for fear of unfastening anything.  They gave me morphine for the pain but it made me so dizzy that I’d throw up again and again.   I hated this feeling and asked for a milder painkiller instead.  At times I regretted the choice coz it terribly hurt that I just wanted it to end, like, LORD just please TAKE ME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment