Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bubble Butt

It was my first time to ever have an operation last December 3. I had 2 normal births, but never went under the knife so I didn't really know if what I was going through was normal...Was I recovering fast? Am I supposed to feel pain in that area?  What does a properly healed wound look like?  I had many questions that were gladly addressed by Dra. Cocos, Dr. Lopez, and Dr. Google :D



I spent 5 days in the hospital and when I was discharged, we went straight home. My doctors said I will be fully healed in 8 weeks but in the meantime, I am on bed rest.  At home, I stayed in our room on the second floor. I wasn't allowed to go up and down the stairs or walk fast.  I was fed 5 meals a day and on time so I can drink my medicine.  Mornings I'd walk to Xavi's room so I can have my daily dose of sunshine. My diet consisted of fruits, veggies, fish and chicken cooked in little or no oil and amino (alternative to soy sauce) if it needed some saltiness. I sometimes had oatmeal, cereal and soymilk for breakfast. Nuts and raisins as snacks. THAT was it. No preservatives, no processed food, no takeout.  The good side was, I healthily lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks!  I had guests everyday to keep me company. And as the wedding was coming up, we even held meetings with suppliers in our room.  The first week at home I was so bloated, it felt like I was gonna explode! I felt my skin stretch to its maximum potential from the waist down.  I was so afraid my dress wouldn't fit that we had another one made!  Thank goodness, the water retention went away days before the wedding!  Wouldn't wanna waste that lovely dress.

I feared eating because of what came next. There was excruciating pain whenever I'd do number two that I'd scream inside the bathroom. I had to wear a binder for proper healing of my wound. It was long! Starts right below my navel and goes down to 4".  It's ok, the doctors did a wonderful job cutting and sewing it back :) 

I was scheduled for a checkup with Dra. Ancheta a week after discharge from the hospital.  My wound was healing well and I can remove the bandage already! I didn't want to. I was afraid to touch it or for it to rub on my clothes. She assured me it was fine and it wouldn't open up or anything :) Since I was already out, I asked permission to go to the mall.  Hey, I've been stuck at home and the hospital for almost a month now! I said I'd ride a wheelchair so I wouldn't have to walk and she said YES! :D  So there I was, strolling greenbelt on a wheelchair. It was weird coz my eye level was suddenly altered to...staring straight at the butts of those walking infront of me! Hahaha!  Now I know what children are subjected to when in a crowd.  Anything just for shopping.  Well, I really needed to get extra high waist lola panties to cover my exposed wound.  It was definitely a good day!

My doctors actually advised me to start chemo a week after my operation but we asked for an extension...to let the wedding and holiday season pass before we start the sessions.  There was also the question of postponing the wedding until I've fully recovered but they said it was better if we proceeded as planned.  That it would be a happy break for me.  It was actually a good idea because whenever I was feeling blue after chemo, I'd watch our wedding video.  That was my go-to happy (place) film :)

No comments:

Post a Comment