Friday, October 24, 2014

Du-di-du-di-du-di-doodle

One thing I experienced with chemo is the inability to focus on something, which I found to be very frustrating!  Being idle is sometimes the hardest thing for me to do.  So even if I was on bed rest, I had to do something.  Not a fan of reading a book nor watching TV.  After marathons of the latest season of whatever series I can put my hands on, I lie and wait.  So when I was on bed rest for almost 6 months in 2012, I went into knitting.  This time around, chemo brain won and got the best of my creative side.  It was so frustrating that I can't even create a simple bracelet out of beads.  So what more if I were to compose or design an entire room?!? :(

I found myself doodling…I made sure they put the IV on my left so that my right hand is free to write, sketch, or draw.  The first drug they administer on my IV before chemo is diphen, which usually put others to sleep within a minute or two.  Not me! I'd get pretty stoned for a couple of minutes, then, it's gone!  Here's some of the stuff I made during my chemo sessions…





Yes, we spent Valentine's Day at the hospital for my 2nd chemo session.  It was actually very pleasant :) We were serenaded by the MAMC choir and pastor, sold a lot of my homemade perfume, and got roses and chocolates from papa. 

At times I'd feel so stupid after a conversation because I feel like I was talking nonsense or gibberish…or I was being redundant.  There was one time I caught myself getting so engrossed in my doodles that I was totally not paying attention to the group conversation anymore :O Talk about a.d.d! Aaaaand, more doodles…

   


    
Don't worry, it'll come back.  I can say that as of today, I'm 70% there.  That 30% still gets me frustrated sometimes though.  But maybe, just maybe, it was replaced with something else ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment