Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cause and Effect

This is the last entry on my drenched journal.  I really got a headache deciphering some paragraphs. Whew! almost done…

March 7, 2014
9:48 pm

Fighting and surviving chemo…with a vengeance!!! RAWR!!!  I say this because I just finished my 3rd chemo session today, hung out at my parents' house for late merienda, came home, had a light snack, dance workout, took a bath, and now writing in this journal.  I was hesitant to work out at first but I felt good and dreally wanted to.  Mark asked us to buy an Xbox Kinect for his birthday last February so we can exercise together.  Well, it ended up with me loving it more!  I started dancing on March 1 and been doing it every morning ever since.  I love it.  That's how I lost 60lbs after my first pregnancy (well, back then it was playstation's dance pad) and that's how I'll lose the weight now!

Anyway, I'm worried coz Mark's sicker than me now.  He has colds and just fell asleep while I was dancing away.  I hope it doesn't become an all out fever :(  I can't sleep beside him or even be in the same room with him if that happens :(

The last time I wrote here, I TOTALLY broke down.  I cried and was depressed the whole day till the following morning.  Good thing was, I decided to finally fix photos on my phone, laptop and external hard drive.  While looking at the photos, I saw all the trips, dinners, night outs, drinking sessions and gimmiks.  I saw all the alcohol, bad food, lack of sleep I had in my life and realized:  What the hell am I crying about?!  or Why am I crying?? …Why me? There's the proof!  I say to myself, "Kat, may amnesia ka ba? Ayan o! THAT's the reason why  you got cancer! Stop moping and asking yourself why kasi masaya and nag enjoy ka naman diba?!"So there, I just laughed at myself.  It was a total breakthrough for me!  I got sick because of the way I (unhealthily) enjoyed my life!  And just like that, all those crazy emotions were gone…That stupid feeling I had, like I was a victim of uncontrollable circumstance, was answered.  And it was really in-your-face! Hahaha! 


My chemo session today was good and fast.  We finished at 3:00 pm.  I just hate it when they don’t put or remove the IV needle properly, my blood gets spilled on the sheets or floor :$

I’m so happy coz I finally got to swim after 4 loooooong months!  Mark, Xavi and I went to Aquatico last Tuesday-Wednesday.  Two birds with one stone:  Got to enjoy the beach and the infinity pool J with my 2 boys.  Priceless!





No comments:

Post a Comment